Developed to bring cricketers the highest level of protection at an affordable price, the Test Opener cricket helmet is an essential addition to your cricket bag.
Our product development team has worked tirelessly over the past decade to deliver a cricket helmet range that not only looks good and feels comfortable but most importantly of all, protects users from the dangers of the sport we love.
First and foremost, the Gray-Nicolls team ensured protection was at a premium. Integrated shock absorbers reduce the impact of a high-speed cricket ball can have, providing high levels of safety. The Test Opener is one of the safest cricket helmets on the market.
The lateral armour surrounds give an extra layer of support around the side of the grille where it fits the main section of the helmet, offering an additional protective layer in an area that is often exposed against short-pitched bowling.
The majority of our cricket helmet collection comes with a factory fitted grille, which ensures that the grille has been attached correctly at the time of manufacture. This can take some of the guesswork out of fitting the grille and reduces the risk that it won’t be fastened correctly.
We know that batting with a cricket helmet can be hot work, particularly on a hot day. The interflow vent channels of the Test Opener Helmet work to keep batsmen cool even as they go deep into their innings.
Comfort and fit should never be an issue in the Gray-Nicolls cricket helmet, as it comes fitted with an adjustable internal strap that sits on across the chin. This ensures the stability of the helmet, even for the most energetic batsmen.
Our batting helmets conform to all ICC testing and standards, and in the Test Opener, we are proud to deliver a product that will keep you safe.
- Integrated shock absorbers to help reduce the impact of the ball when the helmet is struck
- Lateral armour surrounds provide additional protection on the side of the helmet
- Factory fitted apex grille, ensuring correct application, taking the guesswork out for user
- Interflow vent channels keep the batsmen cool, even in the heat of battle
- The internal strap provides stability and comfort of the helmet, even with high levels of movement
- Conforms with all ICC helmet testing and guidelines